Date and Time
Friday, February 23, 2018 3:00PM - Sunday, February 25, 2018 10:00AM
Medawisla Lodge and Cabins,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
Come out to Medawilsa Lodge and experience a winter wonderland in Maine's 100 Mile Wilderness. AMC Registered Maine Guides will teach families the basics of snowshoeing. AMC Maine's Woods Initiative now has around 90 miles of groomed XC ski trails and plenty of hiking trails to learn a new winter sport. This beginner course will teach proper technique while being out in the Remote Maine Woods. There will be a lot of games and activities to get kids and parents having fun and learning even in the cold conditions. Bring your family out to have fun this February vacation with plenty of time to relax by a fireplace or in the sauna, and don't forget the delicious family meals that are always served at the Lodges. What's better then learning what snowshoeing is all about while seeing amazing views of Baxter State Park and spotting fresh wildlife tracks? It will be a February vacation you and your family will always remember.
**Snowshoes are not provided for this program; you must bring or rent your own. Linens and towels are provided at Medawisla Lodge and Cabins. Bring bathing suit for sauna. Beer and wine is available for purchase and consumption at Medawisla Lodge. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
AMC Trip Policy
/ $429 non-member
/ $309 non-member
/ $139 non-member
*Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights in a cabin with bath, dinner Friday and Saturday night, breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday. Instruction and leadership by AMC Certified Maine Guides.
Past participants say...
• "It is a great way to enjoy the outdoors in the winter with your family. The guides are great and parents and kids meet lots of nice people." Participant, February 2015
• "The kids were engaged the whole time! I didn't hear 'I'm bored' once". Participant, February 2015
• "Most memorable - "The people we've met, the beautiful scenes we've seen and the smile that hasn't left my son's face since we arrived." Participant, February 2015
GPS coordinates are:
- 69.321" W
From South Via Greenville:
• Take I-95 north to Exit 157 (old 39) at Newport, Route 7 north to Dexter, Route 23 north to
Guilford, then Route 15 North to Greenville.
• At the traffic light in the center of Greenville, proceed north on Lily Bay Road for 19 paved
miles to Kokadjo.
• In Kokadjo, you will cross the Roach River at the dam to First Roach Pond.
• Four Tenths of a mile after crossing the Roach River, bear left where the pavement ends.
• Proceed 1.6 miles and bear right at the sign for Medawisla Lodge.
The access roads to AMC's Maine Wilderness Lodges are dirt logging roads subject to the impacts of wet weather conditions, particularly during early spring and late fall. Please note that until road grading occurs in these regions, conditions are rough and may not be passable in cars with low ground clearance. For up-to-date information, please contact AMC Reservations 603-466-2727 or the AMC Greenville Office 207-695-3085.
Directions:Please note that the access roads are not paved and are subject to washouts and potholes. Roads may not be passable by cars with low clearance. Please limit your speed to 25 mph, and yield to logging trucks. There is no fuel available once you leave the state highways. Call in advance for road conditions during spring, fall, or when storms are expected. Please allow 6.5 hours driving time if driving from the Boston area, 9.5 hours from the greater NYC area.