*•Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights
•Dinners on Friday and Saturday
•Breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday
•Lunch on Saturday & Sunday
•Free use of equipment and clothing from the L.L. Bean Gear Room
•Guided programs and activities throughout the weekend
Past participants say...
• "All of the guides were professional, attentive, experienced, present and upbeat the entire weekend." Lee, Participant, April 2015
• "It was a great bonding experience." Jill, Participant, April 2015
• "I have a lot more knowledge of many types of hiking, backpacking, etc. All guides are awesome!" Barbara, Participant, April 2015
• "[The highlights were] meeting people with similar interests, and learning about gear and safety." Participant, April 2015
AMC encourages carpooling to its lodges and huts.
Address to enter into GPS: U.S. 302, Bretton Woods, NH 03595 (44.22° N, 71.41° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Exit 35 toward Rt. 3 North.
2. Take Rt. 3 North for 10 miles.
3. Turn right onto Rt. 302 East and continue 8.3 miles to Highland Center, located on right side of road.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North to 302/16 Junction in Glen, NH.
3. Continue onto Rt. 302 West. Follow for 15.8 miles to Highland center, located on left side of road.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West approximately 90 miles to Highland Center, located on the left side of the road.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA):
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Crawford Notch:
• From Boston, 160 miles, three hours.
• From Portland, 90 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 360 miles, seven hours.
• From Montreal, 175 miles, three hours and a half hours.
Nearby AMC Destination
Highland Center at Crawford Notch
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.