Friday, March 16, 2018 5:00PM - Sunday, March 18, 2018 2:00PM
New Hampshire, White Mountains,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
Spend your weekend being good to yourself! Balance your desire for outdoor exploration and exercise with a little indulgence, courtesy of the Omni Mt. Washington Resort Spa. Embark on easier or moderate day snowshoes to stunning views of Crawford Notch, gorgeous frozen waterfalls, or serene lakes. Then reward yourself with the spa treatment that's right for you. With this program, you'll also have free access to the Omni Mt. Washington Resort Spa facilities, including the steam room, sauna, outdoor garden lounge, and whirlpool! And to complete the experience, we'll serve up hors d'oeuvres, beverages, and good company at our Saturday afternoon social hour. It's the perfect mix of outdoor challenge and relaxation for a late fall or early winter getaway! Rates include lodging, meals, guided activities, and $150 spa credit. Higher rates apply for private room options.
•Relaxing treatment at beautiful Omni Mt. Washington Spa, variety of options available
•Guided Snowshoe Hike Options Include:
oMt. Willard (best view of Crawford Notch)
oArethusa Falls (highest waterfall in NH)
oMt. Avalon (a great winter hike with a unique view of the Presidentials)
•Participants will learn winter outdoor skills:
oHiking Safety with Winter Considerations, Tricks for Winter Comfort
oWinter natural history
Check in to the lodge any time after 3pm.
5:00pmMeet & Greet
7:30pm Welcome & Orientation to AMC
6:30 - 8:30am Breakfast Buffet
9:00am -12:00pm Snowshoe Hike
1:00pm-5:00pm Spa treatment /hike option
5:00pm Après Adventure Social Hour
6:00pm Family Style Dinner
7:30pm Featured Evening Program
9:00am-12:00pm Spa treatment /hike option
12:00pm Group lunch, farewells!
*Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights
Dinners on Friday and Saturday
Breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday
Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
*$150 credit per person at the Omni Mt. Washington Resort Spa to use as they wish
Yoga instruction with certified instructor
Free use of equipment and clothing from the L.L. Bean Gear Room
Guided programs and activities throughout the weekend
Past participants say...
"The hike, the group, the kindness/instructions of the guides and all I have met. Food excellent!" Participant, January 2016
"It was adventure and relaxation in a comfortable setting. The rooms are lovely. The guide was great- very perceptive and accommodating." Lin, Participant, January 2016
"This program was a good mix of relaxation and activity." Participant, January 2014
"Great adventure, fun, good exercise, and relaxing. Highlights were the hike to the waterfalls an
Driving Directions to Highland Center at Crawford Notch and Shapleigh Bunkhouse
Address to enter into GPS: U.S. 302, Bretton Woods, NH 03595 (44.22° N, 71.41° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Exit 35 toward Rt. 3 North.
2. Take Rt. 3 North for 10 miles.
3. Turn right onto Rt. 302 East and continue 8.3 miles to Highland Center, located on right side of road.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North to 302/16 Junction in Glen, NH.
3. Turn right onto Rt. 302 West. Follow for 15.8 miles to Highland center, located on left side of road.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West approximately 90 miles to Highland Center, located on the left side of the road.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA):
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Crawford Notch:
• From Boston, 160 miles, three hours.
• From Portland, 90 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 360 miles, seven hours.
• From Montreal, 175 miles, three hours and a half hours.
Nearby AMC Destination
Highland Center at Crawford Notch
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.