Massachusetts, Pioneer Valley,
Registration is not required for this activity. However, you may wish to contact the leader(s) if you have any questions.
The Berkshire Chapter is looking for volunteers to lead activities and/or join its Young Members (20s & 30s) Committee!
The Young Members (YM) Committee is a group within the Berkshire Chapter of the AMC which aims to engage people in their 20s & 30s with the Chapter and AMC as a whole. We have a hand in organizing outdoor activities, posting on social media, welcoming new members, and generally spreading the word. Our group is a great way for people interested in the outdoors to get together locally, and throughout the region with other chapters.
What is the role of the Young Members Committee?
- Coordinate activities for 20- and 30-somethings in the AMC Berkshire Chapter. You can organize socials, and even consider completing leadership training to organize outdoor activities. In addition to hikes, we hope to offer other outdoor activities in the future such as cross-country skiing, bicycling, paddling, mountaineering, volunteer activities, and more.
- Network! Be an advocate for the group, get the word out, and encourage more people to get involved.
- Recruit enthusiastic Young Members to join the YM Committee.
- Assist with large chapter events, when possible.
- Be friendly, welcoming, and capable of working with a diverse group of individuals.
- Be organized and a good communicator-being on the Committee does not mean that you have to be the most intense hiker, rock climber, etc.
This is a great leadership opportunity and resume builder. The Committee also has a lot of support, both from designated AMC Staff as well as from the leadership of the Berkshire Chapter. Reach out if you are interested in joining our committee-we would love to have you join the team!
AMC Trip Policy