Friday, March 2, 2018 6:00PM - Sunday, March 4, 2018 10:00AM
Joe Dodge Lodge,
New Hampshire, White Mountains,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Saturday)
Spend 2 days and 2 nights at the AMC's Joe Dodge Lodge, in the heart of the White Mountains. You will enjoy comfortable accommodations, spectacular mountain views, and days packed with guided activities designed especially for active adults. We will have action packed days, filled with snowshoeing, cross country skiing, winter ecology and a trip on the Mount Washington Auto Road Snow Coach, a specially constructed all-wheel drive and unique 4-track system. The SnowCoach will drive us to the world above treeline at the 4.5 mile mark on the Mt. Washington Auto Road for a truly unforgettable experience. We will have the option to snowshoe from the Auto Road back to Joe Dodge Lodge. AMC Guides will share knowledge of the natural and cultural history of the area on all trips. Evenings will be spent recounting the day's adventures with new friends by the fire and attending the evening presentation on Wednesday night, our annual International Dinner and program. Enjoy all winter has to offer with the AMC.
•Snowcoach trip to tree-line in winter on Mt Washington
•Camaraderie of participants and professional winter guides
•Opportunity to spot animal tracks and unique winter natural adaptations.
•Multi-sport weekend includes the Pinkham Notch 'winter bucket-list'
•Evening gatherings including AMC's International Dinner and Adventure offering.
•Comforts of mountain lodge at the base of Mt Washington in winter
3 pm check in any time at the Lodge
6 pm Dinner
7:30 pm Program Overview
8:30 am Meeting, Gear Check
9:00 am Drive to Great Glen Outdoor Center for Snowcoach Trip
Snowshoe back to PNVC via Old Jackson Road, Lunch on the Trail
Late Afternoon arrive back at JDL
6:00 Pm Dinner
8:00 pm Evening Program
9:00 am Ski at Great Glen Trails or snowshoe at GGT Guest preference
12:30 pm Sit Down lunch at JDL
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedules listed above, these itineraries are subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control including weather and terrain conditions. This can include changes in the huts to be used, trails to be hiked, etc.
*Lodging on Fri and Sat nights
Dinners on Fri and Sat
Breakfasts on Sat and Sun
One cross-country ski ticket at Great Glen Trails
Free use of snowshoes
Ticket for Snowcoach trip $35 p/p
Guided programs and activities throughout the weekend
Driving Directions to Joe Dodge Lodge at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Address to enter into GPS: Rt. 16, Gorham, NH 03581 (44.256° N, 71.252° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Rt. 104 East (NH Exit 23).
2. Take Rt. 104 East for 8.3 miles.
3. Turn left on Rt. 3 North for 0.9 miles.
4. Turn right onto Rt. 25 East for 22.6 miles to Rt. 16 North.
5. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left side of Rt. 16 approximately 12 miles north of the Glen intersection.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North approximately 90 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West to Rt. 16 North (at North Conway, N.H.).
2. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, on left.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East for 40.1 miles. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North (in Glen, NH).
6. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA)
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Rt. 16 North (in Glen, N.H.).
4. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Pinkham
• From Boston, 170 miles, three and a half hours.
• From Portland, 80 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 350 miles, eight hours.
• From Montreal, 225 miles, three hours and forty-five minutes.
Skiing - Cross-Country (Nordic)
Nearby AMC Destinations
Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Joe Dodge Lodge
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.