Member Welcome Weekend: Spring Hiking on Mount Washington
Date and Time
Friday, May 4, 2018 7:30PM - Saturday, May 5, 2018 10:00AM
Joe Dodge Lodge,
New Hampshire, White Mountains,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Saturday)
Get your hiking legs in gear and hit the trail before the summer hiking season! This weekend will focus on outdoor programs for anyone interested in getting out and getting in hiking shape this spring. Featured will be guided hikes to local summits and Tuckerman Ravine, as well as tips and exercises for stretching and conditioning for hiking.
•Varying hikes on and around Mt Washington to accommodate all abilities
•Camaraderie of participants and professional outdoor guides focused on backcountry travel tips
•Ascending into Tuckerman Ravine at the height of the legendary spring ski season on Mt Washington
•Evening gatherings include visitor center program
•Comforts and convenience of the mountain base lodge at day's end
Check in at the Lodge any time after 3 pm
7:30 pm meet and greet/ overview of the weekend
9:00 am Saturday. Hike to Hermit Lake Shelter via Tuckerman Ravine Trail or other local hike
Lunch on the trail
Return late afternoon
Post Hike Yoga/ Stretching
5:00 pm Social in the JDL Living Room
5:30-7:30 Buffett Dinner
8 Pm Evening Program
9:00 am Hikes around Pinkham Notch
12:30 pm Sit down Lunch and goodbye
Driving Directions to Joe Dodge Lodge at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Address to enter into GPS: Rt. 16, Gorham, NH 03581 (44.256° N, 71.252° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Rt. 104 East (NH Exit 23).
2. Take Rt. 104 East for 8.3 miles.
3. Turn left on Rt. 3 North for 0.9 miles.
4. Turn right onto Rt. 25 East for 22.6 miles to Rt. 16 North.
5. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left side of Rt. 16 approximately 12 miles north of the Glen intersection.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North approximately 90 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West to Rt. 16 North (at North Conway, N.H.).
2. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, on left.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East for 40.1 miles. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North (in Glen, NH).
6. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA):
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Rt. 16 North (in Glen, N.H.).
4. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Pinkham:
• From Boston, 170 miles, three and a half hours.
• From Portland, 80 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 350 miles, eight hours.
• From Montreal, 225 miles, three hours and forty-five minutes.
Nearby AMC Destinations
Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Joe Dodge Lodge
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.