Friday, May 18, 2018 2:00PM - Sunday, May 20, 2018 11:00AM
Little Lyford Lodge and Cabins,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
AMC is teaming up with Trout Unlimited to teach you the basics and get you excited about fly fishing. This program is for the beginner fly fishing angler or a refresher course for anyone looking to reconnect with the art of fly fishing. Participants will get to make their very own fly and then use it out on the water to try and catch our wild and native Brook Trout. We will all meet on Friday evening after dinner to go over the schedule and talk about AMC Trout Conservation. Then on Saturday morning after breakfast participants will be given hands on lessons aimed at handling a fly rod, tying proper knots, practicing casting techniques and what to do when you get a bite. After lunch participants will be split into groups with half heading to the river and the other half headed to First Little Lyford Pond. Here individuals will receive on the water instruction on casting technique and reading trout waters. This will give fisherman a better understanding of fish habits and where to find them. Halfway through the day the groups will switch fishing waters so that they have equal time learning on the river and on the pond. Throughout the weekend participants will be given individual attention with guides around all day to give instruction, help understand flies, fly selection, and help the anglers correct their casting technique. All you need is a Maine fishing license and we will provide the rest. Come out and learn a new skill and catch beautiful little brook trout on our fly fishing only ponds.
Bring a sleeping bag and a towel as they are not provided at LLLC. A rain jacket, extra socks, and non-cotton layers are recommended. BYOB for social time or dinner. Any children under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
*Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights, dinner Friday and Saturday night, breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday. Instruction and leadership is by Registered Maine Guides. A custom box of flies is also provided.
Address to enter into GPS: Greenville, ME 04441 (45.517° N, 69.357° W)
1. Take I-95 North to ME Exit 157. Turn left onto Rt. 11 North/Rt. 100 North.
2. Continue on Rt. 11 North/Rt. 7 North for 6.7 miles.
3. Continue straight onto Rt. 7 North for 8.2 miles (do not bear right on Rt. 11 North).
4. Turn left onto Dam St. Continue onto Rt. 23 North for 11.1 miles.
5. Turn left onto Rt. 15 North/Rt. 16 West/Rt. 6 West for 1.4 miles.
6. Turn right onto Rt. 15 North/Rt. 6 West and continue for 25.6 miles.
7. Follow directions below from Greenville.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to exit 143 toward AutoRt. 610 East.
2. Take AutoRt. 610 East for 6.7 miles to Rt. 112 East exit (exit on left).
3. Follow Rt. 112 East for 7.7 miles and then take slight right onto QC-214 East.
4. Continue to on QC-214 and then turn left onto QC-108 East for 49.2 miles.
5. Turn right onto 8e Rue E.
6. Continue on QC-269 South for about 30 miles.
7. Turn right onto QC-173 South for 10.6 miles. Continue onto Maine Rt. 6 for 16.5 miles.
8. Turn left onto Rt. 15 East and follow 47.8 miles.
9. Turn right onto Moosehead Lake Rd.
10. Follow directions below from Greenville.
From Greenville, ME:
1. Head East on Pleasant St for 0.5 miles. Continue on E Rd for 3.6 miles. Continue on Ki Rd. for 8 miles.
2. Turn right toward Katahdin Iron Works Rd for 1.8 miles.
3. Turn left on Katahdin Iron Works Rd and continue 1.1 miles.
4. Turn first left onto Frenchtown Rd. Continue 1 mile.
5. Turn right toward Little Lyford Cabin and Lodges.
For safety, please observe the posted speed limit of 30 MPH on these rural residential roads with gravel surfaces.
Approximate driving times to Little Lyford Lodge and Cabins:
• From Boston, 280 miles, five and a half hours.
• From Montreal, 280 miles, six and a half hours.