Friday, May 25, 2018 2:00PM - Sunday, May 27, 2018 11:00AM
AMC Little Lyford Lodge & Cabins,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
Spring is the perfect time to explore some of the remote ponds that dot the AMC's Maine Woods Initiative property. This program provides anglers the opportunity to fish for both Native and Wild Brook Trout while accompanied by Registered Maine guides. Programming starts Friday evening after dinner with a presentation on native and wild brook trout and what the AMC is doing to preserve their fragile habitat. Saturday morning before breakfast the early risers will head down to Little Lyford Pond in search of early summer squaretails. After breakfast participants will be shuttled to remote ponds where they will spend the day with AMC guides in search for colorful native brookies. Fishing guides will be around all day to give instruction, help with fly selection, and work with the angler on any specific problem. All participants will get a custom box of flies that are known for attracting brook trout in the area. Participants should plan to spend most of the day outdoors fly fishing out of a canoe. There will also be a short hike to get to the ponds.
*Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights, dinner Friday and Saturday night, breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday. Instruction and leadership is by Registered Maine Guides . A custom box of flies is also provided.
Driving Directions to Little Lyford Lodge and Cabins
AMC encourages carpooling to its lodges and huts. You can post a rideshare request on our rideshare bulletin board.
Address to enter into GPS: Greenville, ME 04441 (45.517° N, 69.357° W)
1. Take I-95 North to ME Exit 157. Turn left onto Rt. 11 North/Rt. 100 North.
2. Continue on Rt. 11 North/Rt. 7 North for 6.7 miles.
3. Continue straight onto Rt. 7 North for 8.2 miles (do not bear right on Rt. 11 North).
4. Turn left onto Dam St. Continue onto Rt. 23 North for 11.1 miles.
5. Turn left onto Rt. 15 North/Rt. 16 West/Rt. 6 West for 1.4 miles.
6. Turn right onto Rt. 15 North/Rt. 6 West and continue for 25.6 miles.
7. Follow directions below from Greenville.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to exit 143 toward AutoRt. 610 East.
2. Take AutoRt. 610 East for 6.7 miles to Rt. 112 East exit (exit on left).
3. Follow Rt. 112 East for 7.7 miles and then take slight right onto QC-214 East.
4. Continue to on QC-214 and then turn left onto QC-108 East for 49.2 miles.
5. Turn right onto 8e Rue E.
6. Continue on QC-269 South for about 30 miles.
7. Turn right onto QC-173 South for 10.6 miles. Continue onto Maine Rt. 6 for 16.5 miles.
8. Turn left onto Rt. 15 East and follow 47.8 miles.
9. Turn right onto Moosehead Lake Rd.
10. Follow directions below from Greenville.
From Greenville, ME:
1. Head East on Pleasant St for 0.5 miles. Continue on E Rd for 3.6 miles. Continue on Ki Rd. for 8 miles.
2. Turn right toward Katahdin Iron Works Rd for 1.8 miles.
3. Turn left on Katahdin Iron Works Rd and continue 1.1 miles.
4. Turn first left onto Frenchtown Rd. Continue 1 mile.
5. Turn right toward Little Lyford Cabin and Lodges.
Approximate driving times to Little Lyford Lodge and Cabins:
• From Boston, 280 miles, five and a half hours.
• From Montreal, 280 miles, six and a half hours.