Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:00PM - Sunday, July 15, 2018 10:00AM
Joe Dodge Lodge,
New Hampshire, White Mountains,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Saturday)
Looking for a multi-sport adventure to share with your family? Join us on our Family Adventure Series in Pinkham Notch, and try your hand at hiking, rock climbing, and white water rafting over three days. This all-inclusive experience offers meals and lodging at AMC's Joe Dodge Lodge as well all guided adventures. We will spend one day white water rafting with a local outfitter, a day hiking in Pinkham Notch and one day rock climbing at a local crag. Evening Programs each night after dinner. Activities are designed for children 9 and over.
• Spend time with your family discovering new outdoor activities
• A different activity each day in the scenic White Mountains
• Learn from experienced AMC guides
Wednesday : Meet your AMC Guides and the other families for dinner and pre-trip orientation in the beautiful White Mountains.
We meet at the AMC Joe Dodge Lodge in Pinkham Notch. Please arrive anytime between 3pm and 5pm to check in and get comfortable. For those who would like to get out before dinner, lodge staff can recommend short hikes in the area. Meet your Guides in the dining room for a 6 pm dinner, and review of the trip itinerary, gear needs and other important information. Dinner included.
Thursday- Hiking Day!
9:00AM - 3 PM Meet your AMC Guides for a day hike in Pinkham Notch. Guides will share natural and cultural history of the area as well as backcountry safety and Leave No Trace practices. We'll hike to a beautiful spot in the White Mountains!
Friday- Rock Climbing Day
9:00 AM- 3:00 PM Meet your Guides from Eastern Mountain Sports Climbing School for a day of rock climbing in Pinkham Notch. Your Guides will teach knot tying skills, top roping and belaying. All technical gear is supplied by EMS Guides. Climb high!
Saturday- White Water Rafting Day
9:00 AM-3:00PM Meet your Rafting Guides for a day on the river. Spend the day on the Androscoggin River in Class I,1 and II rapids. All technical gear is supplied by the Rafting Company. A wet and wild day!
Sunday - Have breakfast with your family and recount the adventures from the past few days!
Driving Directions to Joe Dodge Lodge at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Address to enter into GPS: Rt. 16, Gorham, NH 03581 (44.256° N, 71.252° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Rt. 104 East (NH Exit 23).
2. Take Rt. 104 East for 8.3 miles.
3. Turn left on Rt. 3 North for 0.9 miles.
4. Turn right onto Rt. 25 East for 22.6 miles to Rt. 16 North.
5. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left side of Rt. 16 approximately 12 miles north of the Glen intersection.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North approximately 90 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West to Rt. 16 North (at North Conway, N.H.).
2. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, on left.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East for 40.1 miles. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North (in Glen, NH).
6. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA):
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Rt. 16 North (in Glen, N.H.).
4. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Pinkham:
• From Boston, 170 miles, three and a half hours.
• From Portland, 80 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 350 miles, eight hours.
• From Montreal, 225 miles, three hours and forty-five minutes.
Paddling - Whitewater
Nearby AMC Destinations
Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Joe Dodge Lodge
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.