Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:00PM - Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:00PM
Joe Dodge Lodge,
New Hampshire, White Mountains,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
Hike iconic trails, take in breathtaking views, and reconnect with loved ones. Our Family Adventure trips are all-inclusive multi-day experiences that offer all meals plus lodging at AMC's Joe Dodge Lodge and two of our unique backcountry huts.
Taking advantage of the Mount Washington Auto Road, we will be dropped off at treeline and hike to Lakes of the Clouds Hut. The next day we traverse the southern Presidential Range to Mizpah Spring Hut giving us ample opportunity to explore the ridge and the world above treeline.
Share this unique, bonding experience with your family. Activities are designed for families with children 9 and up.
ITINERARY: Day 1 : Meet for dinner and pre-trip orientation in the beautiful White Mountains. We meet at the AMC Joe Dodge Lodge in Pinkham Notch. Meet your Guides for a 6 pm dinner, and review of the trip itinerary, gear needs and other important information. We'll overnight in the lodge. Day 2: We'll drive up the infamous Mount Washington Auto Road to the Alpine Garden Trail. We'll spend the day hiking to Lakes of the Clouds hut, discussing the plants and animals that live about the trees. 3.0 miles with 800 ft. elevation gain. We'll have dinner and spend the night at the hut. A summit of Mount Washington may be possible, depending on the weather, and ability of the group. Day three: We'll wake up and have a hearty, home cooked breakfast. This day is almost exclusively above tree line and travels along the oldest maintained hiking trail in the United States, the Crawford Path. We'll descend below treeline to Mizpah Spring Hut, our home for the night. We'll have lunch on the trail and dinner at the hut. 5.1 miles Elevation gain/loss: 1233' Day four: Hike down Crawford Path; 2.5 miles elevation loss 2000 feet. Meet our van for ride back to Joe Dodge Lodge and have a sit down lunch before we say goodbye.
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedules listed above, these itineraries are subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control including weather and terrain conditions. This can include . This can include changes in the huts to be used, trails to be hiked, etc. This trip is operated rain or shine.
*Rates include lodging, meals, and guided activities. "Starting at" rates are based on shared bunkroom or bunkhouse accommodations; there may be an extra charge for private accommodations.
Past participants say...
"This program was perfect for my active 5 year old, 9 year old, and 12 year old. Highlights included the hikes and wonderful friends that we made. I can't imagine how to make it better. We were so pleased with every aspect!" Participant, August 2014
"We couldn't have hoped for better guides! We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and are already planning our next adventure through AMC!" Becky, Participant, August 2014
Driving Directions to Joe Dodge Lodge at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Address to enter into GPS: Rt. 16, Gorham, NH 03581 (44.256° N, 71.252° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Rt. 104 East (NH Exit 23).
2. Take Rt. 104 East for 8.3 miles.
3. Turn left on Rt. 3 North for 0.9 miles.
4. Turn right onto Rt. 25 East for 22.6 miles to Rt. 16 North.
5. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left side of Rt. 16 approximately 12 miles north of the Glen intersection.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North approximately 90 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West to Rt. 16 North (at North Conway, N.H.).
2. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, on left.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East for 40.1 miles. Turn left onto Rt. 16 North (in Glen, NH).
6. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA):
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Rt. 16 North (in Glen, N.H.).
4. Take Rt. 16 North 20 miles to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center/Joe Dodge Lodge, located on the left.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Pinkham:
• From Boston, 170 miles, three and a half hours.
• From Portland, 80 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 350 miles, eight hours.
• From Montreal, 225 miles, three hours and forty-five minutes.
Nearby AMC Destinations
Lakes of the Clouds Hut
Mizpah Spring Hut
Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Joe Dodge Lodge
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.