Friday, July 6, 2018 2:00PM - Sunday, July 8, 2018 11:00AM
Little Lyford Lodge and Cabins,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
AMC Registered Maine Guides will take you up to the Remote Baker Pond for a weekend filled with fishing. Programming starts Friday with a night at Little Lyford Lodge. That evening after dinner Guides will go over gear needs and talk about the native and wild brook trout and what the AMC is doing to preserve their fragile habitat. Saturday morning before breakfast the early risers will head down to First Lyford Pond in search of early summer brook trout. After breakfast participants will gather all the camping and fishing gear and get shuttled to a couple of our Remote Ponds on the property and end at the trailhead to Baker Pond. It is a short walk in but camp will be set up and then fishing will proceed on Baker for the evening and the next morning in search for colorful native brookies. Each participant will be given individual attention. Fishing guides will be around all day to give instruction, help with fly selection, and work with the angler on any specific problem. All participants will get a custom box of flies that are known for attracting brook trout in the area. Participants should plan to spend most of the day outdoors fly fishing out of canoes.
All participants will need to purchase at least a two day Maine fishing license and bring a fishing rod, reel, line, leader, and an assortment of flies. Fly Rods can be rented in advance for a fee of $25 for the program. We do not have waders for rent but they may be rented at Northwoods Outfitters in Greenville prior to arrival.
*Lodging on Friday night, dinner Friday and Saturday night, breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday. Instruction and leadership is by Registered Maine Guides. A custom box of flies is also provided.
SUMMER DIRECTIONS TO LITTLE LYFORD
AMC's Little Lyford Lodge & Cabins are located 16 miles east of Greenville and 19 miles west of Route 11 outside of Brownville. There is no fuel available once you leave the state highways. Please allow 6 hours driving time if driving from the Boston area, 9 hours from the greater NYC area.
From the west via Greenville:
• Take I-95 north to Exit 157 (old 39) at Newport, Route 7 north to Dexter, Route 23 north to Guilford, then Route 15 North to Greenville.
• At the traf c light in the center of Greenville, proceed north one block and turn right onto Pleasant St.
• After 2 miles the road becomes gravel. Eleven miles from Greenville, stop and register at the Hedgehog Gate
• Proceed 1.8 miles further and turn left.
• Go another 1.1 miles, bear left again, then go 1 mile to the Little Lyford entrance on the right. • Follow the blue squares with re ective arrows for Little Lyford.
From the east via Brownville:
• Approach the KI (Katahdin Ironworks) Road on Route 11 either southbound from Millinocket (26 miles) or Northbound from Milo (12 Miles).
• To get to Milo from the south, take I-95 north to Exit 199 (old 53) at Old Town.
• Continue north on Route 16 to Milo, then take Route 11 north towards Brownville.
• NOTE: Signage for the Katahdin Ironworks Historic Site (KIW) may be missing, so check your mileage.
• Turn west onto the KI Road. The KI checkpoint is 6.3 miles from Route 11. Stop and register.
• From the gate go 10.6 miles. Bear right and go 1.1 miles, then bear left and go another 1 mile to the Little Lyford
entrance on the right.
• Follow the blue squares with re ective arrows for Little Lyford.